Please note that following Church of England guidance on the Covid-19 outbreak and the news that England is in the third lockdown St Stephen’s church on the High Street and St Pancras’ church will be CLOSED for private prayer and reflection during FEBRUARY and the foreseeable future.
Services are permitted to continue during lockdown although they will be shorter and said. The next Holy Communion service in the parish will be at St Olave’s church on Sunday 28th February at 9.30am. This is because St Stephen’s is closed for repairs to the ceiling.
The lunchtime service of Holy Communion in St Pancras’ will be held on Wednesday 3rd March and Wednesday 17th March at 12noon.
All information about services is below.
St Petrock’s will remain closed.
We are finding new ways to serve the community and to worship. Please see online worship material on our Services page and more on the Exeter Diocesan website here. Also, see up to date news on our Newsletters page. If you would like to contact us please see the following numbers/addresses:
Pastoral Tel: 01392 438866 (pastoral support; prayer requests; information on funerals, weddings, baptisms)
Admin Tel: 07856 848121 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Facebook address: @parishofcentralexeter
Exeter Community Wellbeing: 01392 265000 or email: exeter.gov.uk/wellbeing
The Parish of Central Exeter offers a variety of services, drawing upon both traditional and contemporary strands. The monthly 8.00am Sunday morning services in St Pancras use the 1662 Book of Common Prayer; the twice monthly Eucharist in St Olave and the more flexible communion services at St Stephen’s use Common Worship. In addition, an informal act of worship, Meeting Point, is held in St Stephen’s twice a month.
Being part of God’s mission of love and reconciliation in and through Jesus Christ, we are committed to:
Giving breathing space
- Providing an open, inclusive and non-judgemental atmosphere
- Providing a range of opportunities for worship and prayer
- Informing others about us
- Encouraging innovative use of our church buildings
Living the values
- Growing & developing our varied groups and congregations
- Supporting ourselves and others on the spiritual journey
- Supporting our work through prayer
- Responding to the needs of others
- Being open to the call of the spirit
Engaging with the city
- Discovering what others need from us
- Integrating the St Stephens Project with our overall mission
- Working with other agencies and churches
- Through shared use & these historic buildings available to all
If you have a concern about the safety of someone or the actions of someone working with children or vulnerable adults, please speak to someone:
- Our Parish Safeguarding Representative is Mary Keaney, tel No: 07856 848121
- Or find the Exeter Diocesan Safeguarding Team details here
If you are a young person and you feel unhappy about something happening to you, you can call Childline on 0800 11 11
If you are experiencing Domestic Abuse or know of someone experiencing Domestic Abuse please see the following link for support agencies and telephone numbers Domestic Abuse Support Contacts