We are to delighted to inform you of the reopening of our churches in the parish of Central Exeter. St Stephen’s, St Pancras’, St Petrock’s, St Olave’s and St Martin’s will be open daily to the public between 10am and 5pm during the SUMMER months.
The next Crossing Place service in the parish is on Sunday 21st August at St Stephen’s church at 10.30am.
The next lunchtime service of Holy Communion in St Pancras’ will be held on Thursday 8th September at 12noon.
All information about services is below.
Our next session of Seeking Silence? takes place on Wednesday 7th September at 5.15pm in St Pancras’ church. We are taking a break over the summer months.
We are finding new ways to serve the community and to worship. Please see online worship material on our Services page and more on the Exeter Diocesan website here. Also, see up to date news on our Newsletters page. If you would like to contact us please see the following numbers/addresses:
Pastoral Tel: 01392 438866 (pastoral support; prayer requests; information on funerals, weddings, baptisms)
Admin Tel: 07856 848121 or email: email@example.com
Our Facebook address: @parishofcentralexeter
Exeter Community Wellbeing: 01392 265000 or email: exeter.gov.uk/wellbeing
The Parish of Central Exeter offers a variety of services, drawing upon both traditional and contemporary strands. The monthly 8.00am Sunday morning services in St Pancras use the 1662 Book of Common Prayer; the monthly Eucharist in St Olave’s and the more flexible communion services at St Stephen’s use Common Worship. In addition, an informal act of worship, Crossing Place, is held in St Stephen’s once a month.
Being part of God’s mission of love and reconciliation in and through Jesus Christ, we are committed to:
Giving breathing space
- Providing an open, inclusive and non-judgemental environment
- Providing a range of innovative opportunities, within the Anglican tradition, for individual and collective worship and prayer
- Providing creative ways for personal and spiritual growth
Living the values
- Supporting ourselves and others through prayer and action
- Responding to the challenge of climate change by reflecting and acting on our decision-making and behaviour to promote sustainability
- Informing others about our faith and welcoming them to share our fellowship
Engaging with the city
- Using our resources to benefit the communal and Christian life of the city
- Working with other agencies and churches
- Making innovative use of our historical buildings
If you have a concern about the safety of someone or the actions of someone working with children or vulnerable adults, please speak to someone:
- Our Parish Safeguarding Representative is Mary Keaney, tel No: 07856 848121
- Or find the Exeter Diocesan Safeguarding Team details here
If you are a young person and you feel unhappy about something happening to you, you can call Childline on 0800 11 11
If you are experiencing Domestic Abuse or know of someone experiencing Domestic Abuse please see the following link for support agencies and telephone numbers Domestic Abuse Support Contacts
Upcoming Services & Events
Future Special Events
- Maketank Concert
Raising funds for the Ukraine singing traditional Ukranian songs
St. Stephens, 1.10pm
- Quaker Meeting for Worship
St. Mary Arches, 12noon - 1pm
- Seeking Silence?
Join us for meditation
St. Pancras, 5.15pm - 6pm